Monday, October 21, 2013

Wow, there are endless books to read on food...

Part-time I am a librarian...I love the library.  I do part-time programming for YOUTH ages 4th grade and up.  It is so chillax for the most part and I get to meet people and interact with patrons.  LOVE iIT!!!  There are times that it is WILD at the library, but for the most part it's all good. 

I love reading-"well dah"  I am not like "read all the time" kinda girl cause well I am just too busy, but I have been kind of obsessed with reading food books, non-fiction of course.  This past year I have read 52 Loaves by William Alexander, Julie and Julia by Julie Powell, Cleaving by Julie Powell, In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan, Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollen, Food Police by Jayson Lusk...and the list just keeps going.  All of these books have been fantastic.  I have taken little bits of information from all of them.  And, then I keep eating donuts...haha!  It is hard to change habits, and loves....food that you grew up with.  I just keep trying to add more, and more veggies to everything I cook. 

If you haven't been to your public library lately, go...we love you!!! We love seeing your face walk in the door and helping you explore new topics and loves...there are so many services that the library offers and sometimes it is just the most peaceful place to go and just be...

 How about you-what have you read lately?  What's your favorite thing about books, or the library? 

No comments:

Post a Comment